Friday 7 August 2015

Claire and I have been having a bit of a tough time lately. She's cranky for a few hours a day, I can't console her. 

I realized that I stopped following her cues, she didn't stop giving them. In the hustle and bustle of being here, going there, doing this, I stopped listening to her. 

We've had such an amazing day so far. I wish I could freeze it in time. She signed when she was all done breakfast. She let me know when she wanted to snuggle and nurse. It was clear when it was nap time. She pointed to the books she wanted to read. 

What a smart little girl she is. I'm trying not to get caught up in the "if only's" of the hours and days we wasted being mad at each other, but rather move forward and really listen. Be more present and watch for her cues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment